The Families First Coronavirus Response Act includes a benefit called Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) for children up to age 21 who received free or reduced-price school meals in the 2019-2020 school year but their school is now closed. Your child must attend school in Texas to be eligible.
Who needs to apply for P-EBT?
- If your family got SNAP benefits for the month of March this year and you have children between the ages of 5 and 18, YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY.
- Everyone else must apply to get P-EBT benefits. (This includes if you applied for SNAP benefits in April or May.)
- Complete the entire application to see if your child is eligible. Answering all questions will help us process your application more quickly.
- Applications will be processed in the order they are received. The P-EBT amount for each eligible child is up to $285.00.
- If your household currently receives SNAP and you are eligible for P-EBT benefits, they will be put on your current Lone Star Card. If you are not currently receiving SNAP, we will mail you a new card with P-EBT benefits.
- A child is eligible for only one P-EBT benefit, even if they are a part of multiple households. P-EBT benefits are nontransferable.